Past News & Events
- Dictionary.com names "privacy" their word of the year for 2013!
- The MSIT PE Program sponsored The Security and Privacy Project Showcase on December 5th.
- Article: Privacy engineering emerges as a hot new career. IEEE potentials
- Privacy Identity Innovation Video: Hangout on Privacy Engineering - With Lorrie Cranor and Alessandro Acquisti
- Forbes: What Chase and Other Banks Won't Tell You about Selling Your Data - Research by Lorrie Cranor and her students finds that despite the requirement that banks post privacy policies, it is difficult to find banks with good privacy practices.
Is 2013 the Year of the Privacy Engineer? Find out more here.
- Carnegie Mellon leads NSF Project to Help People Understand Web Privacy Policies. News Release
- Watch faculty members Lorrie Cranor and Jason Hong talking about the MSIT-Privacy Engineering program on Our Regions Business.
MSIT-PE Orientation, August 2013
The first MSIT-PE class (missing one classmate) was excited to come to orientation and begin the school year.
The first MSIT-PE class (minus one) with the program co-directors, staff, and some of the program faculty.
- CMU Faculty were interviewed by the press about NSA surveillance.
- NPR All things Considered: Poll: Majority of Americans Comfortable with Surveillance
- KDKA News: Local People React to NSA Collecting Verizon Telephone Data
Alessandro Acquisti appeared on 60 MINUTES: Facial recognition technology outpaces regulation
Data Privacy Day - Panel Explores Impact of Mobile and Social Webs on Privacy
Triblive - Q & A: Privacy engineers could hold the key
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette 10/16/12: CMU introduces new masters program for technological privacy certification
- Two Carnegie Mellon University papers, were selected by the Future of Privacy Forum as 2012 "Privacy Papers for Policy Makers"
- Faculty members Lorrie Cranor and Alessandro Acquisti and CMU alumni Janice Tsai and Serge Egleman won the Information Systems Research's 2012 Best Published Paper Award for their 2011 paper "The Effect of Online Privacy Information on Purchasing Behavior: An Experimental Study."
- CMU launches new masters program for privacy engineers