News & Events
- The Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security Workshop (SOUPS) was held at Facebook Headquarters in Menlo Park California
- The first graduating class of the MSIT-Privacy Engineering program presented their capstone projects
- MSIT-Privacy Engineering Masters Program Graduates Inagural Class - ISR News
- The Future of Privacy Notice and Choice (FOPNAC) workshop was held at The Posner Center on June 27
- The first class of the MSIT-PE Program participated in the graduation ceremony at Carnegie Mellon Music Hall
- Self Defense: It is difficult to protect your privacy even if you know how -Op-ed piece by Lorrie Cranor in MIT Tech Review.
- Data Privacy Day - "White House official addresses challenges facing the need for big data" Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- Watch a video of our keynote speaker, Nicole Wong here
- See more Data Privacy Day Events here
- Dictionary.com names "privacy" their word of the year for 2013!
- The MSIT PE Program sponsored The Security and Privacy Project Showcase on December 5th
- Article: Privacy engineering emerges as a hot new career. IEEE potentials
- Privacy Identity Innovation Video: Hangout on Privacy Engineering - With Lorrie Cranor and Alessandro Acquisti
- Forbes: What Chase and Other Banks Won't Tell You about Selling Your Data - Research by Lorrie Cranor and her students finds that despite the requirement that banks post privacy policies, it is difficult to find banks with good privacy practices
- Is 2013 Year of the Privacy Engineer? Find out more here.
- Carnegie Mellon leads NSF Project to Help People Understand Web Privacy Policies. News Release
- Watch faculty members Lorrie Cranor and Jason Hong talking about the MSIT-Privacy Engineering program on Our Regions Business.
- The MSIT-PE Program held it's first student orientation
- CMU Faculty were interviewed by the press about NSA surveillance
- NPR All things Considered: Poll: Majority of Americans Comfortable with Surveillance
- KDKA News: Local People React to NSA Collecting Verizon Telephone Data
- Alessandro Acquisti appeared on 60 MINUTES: Facial Recognition Technology outpaces regulation
- The New York Times: Letting Down our Guard with Web Privacy - Intriguing experiments by Alessandro Acquisti suggest that people often reveal more than they mean to online
Data Privacy Day - January 29, 2014
Nicole Wong, Deputy Chief Technology Officer of the White House speaks at Data Privacy Day
Professor Norman Sadeh and Nicole Wong
Nicole Wong and Assoc. Professor Lorrie Cranor
Adam Durity and other students attend the Data Privacy Day Clinic